Brigadier General Daniel T. Lasica is the Commander, 9th Air and Space Expeditionary Task Force- Afghanistan; Commander, NATO Air Command-Afghanistan; Director, AFCENT's Air Component Coordination Element for U.S. Forces-Afghanistan and support of NATO's Operation Resolute Support; and Deputy Commander-Air for U.S. Forces-Afghanistan. He is responsible for the integration of air and space power in support of NATO's Resolute Support mission. General Lasica oversees one air expeditionary wing, two air expeditionary groups, two aerial ports of debarkation, and is responsible for supporting and coordinating development of the Afghan Air Force.
Brigadier General Lasica received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1994. He has served at the squadron, group, wing, numbered Air Force and Joint Staff levels. He has flown combat missions in support of operations Southern Watch and Enduring Freedom, and also has supported South Korea defense obligations. Before his current command, Brigadier General Lasica was previously assigned as the Commander, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy.
1994 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Master of Aviation/Aerospace Operations, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2008 Master of National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval Command and Staff College, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2009 Master of Military Art and Science, School of Advanced Military Studies, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
2013 Master of National Security and Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. December 1994 - May 1996, Student Pilot, 37th Flying Training Squadron. Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
2. May 1996 - December 1998, T-37 Instructor Pilot, 85th FTS, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. May 1999 - December 1999, Student Pilot, 308th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. December 1999 - July 2002, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, 523rd FS, Cannon AFB, N.M.
5. July 2002 - September 2005, F-16 Instructor Pilot, F-16 Flight Examiner, Flight Commander, Assistant Operations Officer, 308th FS and 56th Operations Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. September 2005 - July 2007, F-16 Instructor Pilot 36th FS, 7th Air Force Weapons and Tactics, Chief, 7th Air Force Commander's Action Group, Chief of Special Technical Operations and Advanced Programs Manager, Osan Air Base, South Korea
7. August 2007 - June 2008, Student, Naval Command and Staff College, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
8. July 2008 - August 2009, Student, School of Advanced Military Studies, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
9. August 2009 - May 2010, 56th Fighter Wing Chief of Safety, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Luke AFB, Ariz.